The Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement donated $45,000 to local organizations this year to support agriculture education in the Mid-Atlantic area. The following donations were made:
- $2,500 to Virginia Agriculture in the Classroom
- $2,500 to the West Virginia Farm Bureau Mobile Ag Education Science Lab
- $5,000 to the Penn State University Extension Amish Farm Safety Program
- $5,000 to the Pennsylvania Farm Show Calving Corner
- $10,000 to the Delaware Farm Bureau Foundation Mobile Ag Lab
- $10,000 to the Maryland Ag Education Foundation
- $10,000 to the Pennsylvania Friends of Agriculture Foundation Ag Lab
“The Foundation is proud to provide assistance to those who help advance the future of agriculture,” says Walter Hopkins, Chairman of the Farm Credit Foundation for Agricultural Advancement. “These organizations play such a crucial role in educating our youth about farms, food and the environment.”
Staying true to its mission, the Foundation also awards ten $10,000 scholarships to students studying agriculture and ten $2,500 scholarships to agriculture teachers each year. The 2020 student scholarship program is accepting applications online now through January 10, 2020.
“As technology continues to advance, so will the various careers and opportunities in agriculture,” says Hopkins. “The Foundation hopes our donations will allow these organizations to continue teaching students about the various aspects of the industry.”
The non-profit Foundation was established in 2015 and is funded by participating association MidAtlantic Farm Credit. For more information about the Foundation and its scholarship programs, please visit fcfoundationforag.org.