MidAtlantic Farm Credit is pleased to offer this scholarship program to students who plan to or are continuing their education at the college level.
- All applicants must be seniors in high school, or enrolled (currently) in a 2 or 4-year educational institution. Applicants, parent or guardian must be a member of MidAtlantic Farm Credit
- MidAtlantic Farm Credit employees and relatives are not eligible
- MidAtlantic Farm Credit will award (4) scholarships at $2,000, (4) scholarships at $1,500 and (4) scholarships at $1,000
- The applicant must plan to attend, or continue attending a two-or four-year college or technical school on a full-time basis. Graduate students and fellowships are not eligible for the scholarship program
- Selection will be based on the applicant's record of scholastic achievement and extracurricular activities without regard to race, sex, religion or financial need
- The scholarships are not renewable
- Selection of recipients will be the responsibility of MidAtlantic Farm Credit
Application form must be accompanied by the following documents:
- Applicant's high school transcript, showing all grades, SAT scores, GPA and class rank
- If the applicant is currently enrolled in college, he/she should include a current copy of his/her official college transcript
- Two letters of recommendation from people other than family members. Recommendations may be written by guidance counselors, high school teachers or community leaders
All scholarship applications and supporting materials must be received by MidAtlantic Farm Credit on or before the deadline January 15, 2016.
Please mail to:
MidAtlantic Farm Credit
Attn: Scholarship Selection Committee
45 Aileron Court
Westminster, MD 21157
Selection will be made by February 19, 2016. Only applicants selected to receive a scholarship will be notified. Each recipient must respond with his or her acceptance, in writing, by March 4, 2016. Presentation of the scholarships will be made at a MidAtlantic Annual Stockholder meeting. Attendance at this meeting is not required for scholarship award. The recipient(2) must provide a copy of the letter of acceptance to the two-or four-year college or technical school they plan to attend, or proof that they are currently enrolled and will be enrolled in the 2016-2017 school year. Failure to provide documentation may result in forfeiture of the scholarship money.