During and following the holiday season, many local charitable organizations work hard to replenish food supplies in order to help those in need. MidAtlantic Farm Credit took part in helping those organizations replenish their food supply by hosting their "Hungry to Help" food drive in December of 2012.
During the food drive, our offices collected over 1,600 canned goods and non-perishable food items from employees and community members, totaling over 1,300 pounds. This is enough to feed approximately thirty families of four for five days.
Thank you to everyone who was hungry to help in our food drive!
Want to know where the generous donations went?
Here is a list of the local charities:
- Bel Air, MD - Harford Family House
- Chestertown, MD - Community Food Pantry
- Denton, MD - St. Martin's Barn
- Dover, DE - Food Bank of Delaware
- Frederick, MD - Frederick Food Bank
- Georgetown, DE - Salvation Army
- Hagerstown, MD - Frederick Food Bank
- Lancaster, PA - Water Street Rescue Mission
- Martinsburg, WV - CCAP/Loaves and Fishes
- Pocomoke, MD - Foodbank of Southeastern VA
- Quarryville, PA - Solanco Food Bank
- Salisbury, MD - Joseph House
- Shoemakersville, PA - Teen Challenge Training Center
- Westminster, MD - Carroll County Food Sunday
- Winchester, VA - Congregational Community Action Project (CCAP)
- Woodstock, VA - Congregational Community Action Project (CCAP)