Turkey Day Fun!
by: Meaghan Malinowski, marketing intern
Thanksgiving is upon us and approaching quicker than ever. All that planning, preparing and cooking can sure be hectic, but no worries! MidAtlantic Farm Credit has just the Turkey Day fun to turn your frown upside down!
Thanksgiving Fun Facts
- Almost 280 million turkeys are sold every year for Thanksgiving celebrations.
- The heaviest turkey on record weighed in at a whopping 86 pounds. (Think full-grown Rottweiler!)
- Thanksgiving wasn’t declared a national holiday by Congress until 1941. This law stated the holiday would occur on every fourth Thursday of November.
- Fossil evidence suggests that if you travel back 10 million years ago, you could find turkeys roaming North America.
- Thank your lucky stars that you don’t have to cook for a 3-day holiday like the first Thanksgiving was.
- Why don’t turkeys fly?…They can’t afford plane tickets!
- What did the mother turkey say to her disobedient children?… If your father could see you now he’d turn over in his gravy!
- Why can’t you take a turkey to church?… Because they use such FOWL language!
We hope our facts and jokes made your day a little brighter. Tell us in the comments section: what do you and your families do on Thanksgiving for fun?